Whether we see it, smell it, or feel it, the mold is all around us. When found outside, fungus plays an essential role in the natural environment by breaking down dead organic matter. But when it finds its way inside, molds produce allergens that can cause health problems for humans and their pets.
Because their spores cannot be seen by the naked eye, it is nearly impossible to detect them in the air. Fortunately, there are ways to tell if you require professional mold inspection. You can also appoint mold removal bellevue for the best mold removal services.
Although their spores may be invisible when floating around, when they land on a wet surface and begin to grow, they're hard to miss. Spores, while ranging in size, shape, and colour, constantly look dirty and unhealthy. Because they need moisture to survive, the fungi often appear and feel slimy.
Before it becomes visible, infestations make their presence known with an unpleasant odour. Not surprisingly, a "musty" or "stale" scent is the top reason homeowners call mold inspection companies.
Past Plumbing Leaks
Because mold needs water to survive, levels often stay within healthy ranges indoors. The only exception is when there has been a plumbing leak that attracts floating spores. It doesn't matter where the leak is located – in a basement, wall, or floor – fungus will inevitably find it.